Friday, September 22, 2006

Dude, What's taking so long.

Earlier I commented on how it seems to be taking me forever to get this car done. I feel like I've been working on it forever and my personal deadline was August for completion. This last weekend was a perfect example of exactly why it seems that I'm always behind my mental schedule. I spent many a hour in the garage tinkering with this and tightening up that. When the dust settled, all I could say that I accomplished was that I installed my CV axles and glued down some seal on the pan. Then I looked around and found where at least one hour went.


These are the old spacers used to hold the beetle body in place. The one on the right is the before and the left is after I beat it to death with my wire wheel. I decided to reuse these because they're nice and thick and will work well along my angled steel sides. The thing is, I'm still going to have to treat these with some paint or something so they don't instantly start rusting when I put them on the car. The endless list of little things keeps growing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home