Monday, September 18, 2006

Wheels make the car.

I've always thought wheels can make or break a car. You can take the biggest piece of crap car on the planet, slap some decent wheels on it, and it will gain 30 or 40 cool points. Originally I planed on using some old Chevy S-10 wheels on my car. I figured I could get them pretty cheap and they would be pretty cool. I was at my local garage getting some service done to my other car and I made the mistake of running through their wheel catalogue. One set of wheels started speaking to me. I asked the manager if he would order me one wheel to see how it would look on my car and check if I could mount it without any problems. He was cool enough to order one in, let me take it home, and fit it without charging me a dime. He's a smart business man because, once I saw the thing on my car, I had to have the set. The wheels and tires I bought are the most expensive single purchase I've made to date.



During on of my test fit sessions with the body I mounted the wheel to make sure it would clear. I was in love and ordered the rest. If you look at the pan, you can tell that it hadn't been cut yet.



When I got all four in, I mounted them all up and sat in awe at how cool I thought they were. I got all over excited and didn't think before I had tires mounted. I should've waited till I was almost done with the car so they won't rot or develop flat spots. Oh well, live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home