Saturday, September 16, 2006

Split personality.

Throughout the build process, there has been a constant battle between my cheap/lazy side and my anal side. One part of me wants to make the car perfect. The other wants to save as much money as possible and get it running. My goal has never been to build a show car. I'm a firm believer in cars are for driving. A show car that sits in the garage only to be pulled out and put on a trailer in order to collect more trophies is a complete waste of steel in my book. I can understand the passion and effort that people put into their cars and they look fantastic all detailed up with the wheels off and mirrors everywhere but it saddens me that they got so carried away building it and spent so much money that they're scared to take it for a spin for fear they might get it dirty, chip the paint, or (god forbid) smash an insect on the windshield. While building my car I can see how easy it would be to get carried away. I could easily cross over into making the car perfect but that would defeat my purpose. In the end, I'm building fun transportation not an oversized model. This ying/yang conflict has influenced many of my decisions along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home